Sunday, October 07, 2007

I am in love...

I cannot express the love as a mother I have for my children. I know that there are many mothers who may agree to with me that nothing else is more important to us than our children and their well being. I am amazed that Heavenly Father has given me these four wonderful blessings, but it also frightens me more than you can imagine. Last night I had a very long conversation with my friend about motherhood, and she summed it up by saying when I had my child I fell in love with god and my husband all over again. I don't think that I could of said it better. I know that at times I am stressed and pushed to my limits with them but then I take a step back and look at what I have been given and like my friend said I fall in love all over again. At times I have to remind myself what I have been given and not dwell on what I don't have. I look around and I see a little home that has grown in the past six years, not all the closets running out of room to hold a growing family stuff. I see art work on my walls not the scribbles of a naughty five year old. My floor shows the marks of three little boys and their puppy having a fun Saturday in the dirt out in the backyard. And then that is when I fall in love. It doesn't happen everyday or all day long, I catch myself getting mad that I have just mopped, or I just bathed the dog. I swear no matter how I organize that closets nothing is going to fit and I will never have a house that will fit all of us. But I wanted to share with whomever reads this my feelings and my blessings that I have been given.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love this post...so true. You are a great mom and you have 4 beautiful kids.