Friday, December 28, 2007

How much is this picture worth?



So you tell me, how much is this picture worth? I will tell you what I think. Just as we were heading into Price Canyon on the way home I rolled down the window to take this picture for our friend back here in Texas, and I thought to myself ohh it is very cold I better get this window rolled up. I click the little button and slowly the window started to roll up, I mean if someone had a hand crank window they would beat this electric window hands down thats how slow it was moving. I looked over at Jeff and he said "Crap hurry it up [the window] it is going to get stuck. I am thinking oh yeah like I can just push the button harder and it will roll up faster, or maybe I should ask it please to hurry, because you know that always works for me when I ask the kids, ha ha. Then it happens, the window comes to a dead stop, I mean nothing is going to work on this window to get it up, so I start to panic thinking great I have to ride 1500 more miles with the window rolled down and right now the temperature outside is -3 degrees. Chloe is getting an Arctic blast in her face and the other kids are already complaining that they are cold and they can't hear the movie. I smile and say it is going to be okay daddy will fix it as soon as we can pull over ( I am thinking buck up little campers when I was growing up I didn't get movies and warm air and many other choice words that I really shouldn't be thinking) Jeff pulled over and tried to get the window up, no such luck. We sat there thinking what do we do..? Jeff came up with the plan to wrap a blanket around it and shut it in the door and I had to hold on to it so that it would get sucked out the window. Finally, 50 miles later we made it to Price where we drove to the first repair shop that was open at 8:00 am on the day after Christmas. Jeff went in to see of someone could help and luckily they could pull the window up ( I guess that it is broken by now) after twenty minutes of playing around with it the window came up. To add to the adventure we had to stop about every two hundred miles to pull up the window so that it would stop whistle noise, because heaven forbid the kids couldn't hear the movie!

1 comment:

Burgie's said...

Kimmy,

That is aweful about your window. I think you guys left just in time. The weather was pretty bad after you left. I am glad you made it home safe. I have not talked to you since you left. I hope you guys enjoyed your visit here. We sure do miss you guys. The house seems a little empty now. I am thankful that you were able to be with us for Christmas this year. I look forward to next year when we will all be home. :)